Theatre announces regular tickets on sale to 40 shows
After finishing up a banner summer subscription sales period, the Grand Theatre opens its box office at noon today to offer all of its 2016-17 season of shows on sale. The Grand Theatre continues to bring the best artists from across the globe to the heart of downtown Kingston. Some highlights from the upcoming Grand Theatre Presents season include:
- Natalie MacMaster and Donnell Leahy Christmas; The Nylons Final Tour; Ladysmith Black Mambazo; top the performers list.
- The house will rock with Burton Cummings; Berg, Murphy, Northey & Page; The Tea Party; Tokyo Police Club; and two Classic Albums Live shows – The Band’s The Last Waltz and David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust.
- Country fans won’t be disappointed with Terri Clark, Doc Walker; and Lee Ann Womack.
- The Grand celebrates “hot jazz” and “cool blues” with the A Night in Paris with Edith Piaf; Emilie-Claire Barlow; Maceo Parker; Rémi Buldoc; the Glenn Miller Orchestra.
- Dance entertainment shines with The Nutcracker; Ballet BC; The Honouring; Balé Folclorico da Bahia; Out Inner Space Dance Theatre; Rhythm of the Dance; and Ballet Jörgen’s beautiful presentation of Swan Lake.
- Comedy, a Grand Theatre mainstay, is well represented with The Debaters; The Bockety World of Henry & Bucket; Menopause, The Musical; Just For Laughs;
Tickets can be purchased at the Grand Theatre box office, 218 Princess St., online at www.kingstongrand.ca or by calling (613) 530-2050.
Patrons can continue to create their own subscription packages by Picking 4 or More of their favourite shows at any time throughout the season. There is a variety of performances to choose from featuring theatre, comedy, classical music, kids, blues, dance, rock and country, along with a healthy addition of special events throughout the year.
TICKET PRICING OFFERS OPTIONS
Up to half-priced tickets for patrons ages 30 and under and $5 tickets for secondary students to many of our selected shows as part of our IMPACT and eyeGo To The Arts programs will continue to be made available for this year.
“Our IMPACT and eyeGo To The Arts programs were really successful last year, and many youth were happy to be able to afford to see a live performance at often less than the cost of a visit to the cinema,” says Acting Cultural Director Colin Wiginton. “We hope that this will inspire not only students, but also teens and young adults who are curious about the arts and looking for a reasonable ticket price to experience cultural arts at the Grand Theatre.”
Many of the 2016-17 season performances will feature three different prices in order to make tickets more accessible to a wider audience.
Heartfelt thanks to the Grand Theatre Foundation and its individual donors and corporate sponsors. The 2016-17 Grand Theatre Presents season sponsors include Homestead; Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel; Caldwell; Walter Fenlon & Linda Ann Daly; Assante Wealth Management and Dianne Lackonick; CIBC Children’s Foundation and CIBC Wood Gundy; Sun Life Financial; Mackillop Law; Chez Piggy; Empire Life; Stan & Marie-Rose Gibson; Elaine & Michael Davies; Shoalts and Zaback Architects Ltd.; and TD Canada. The program also enjoys the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, Canadian Heritage and the Ontario Arts Council.